查看: 6687|回复: 3

阿卡攻防战

[复制链接]
发表于 2013-8-17 20:55:17 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
有人把wiki的siege of acre翻译成中文,转过来一下:

===========================================================

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Acre_%281291%29

阿卡围城战

阿卡围城战发生于1291年,最终导致十字军占领的阿卡城陷入穆斯林之手。这场战役被认为是那段时期最重要的战役之一。尽管在那以后十字军行动仍然持续了几个世纪,阿卡城的陷落标志着十字军在中东地区活动的结束。阿卡城的陷落意味着十字军丢掉了耶路撒冷王国最后最主要的要塞。虽然十字军们仍然在北部城市塔尔图斯保有一个要塞,实施了一些海岸突袭,并从微小的Ruad岛尝试发起入侵。但当他们在1302/1303年丢失了Ruad岛,十字军们不再控制圣地巴勒斯坦。

背景:

十字军东征的转折点在1187年,在关键性的哈丁战役之后,基督徒们从萨拉丁的军队手里丢掉了耶路撒冷。这导致了第三次十字军东征,在这期间阿卡被围,最终被基督徒们于1191年占领。阿卡在接下来的几百年里,成为了十字军运动的基地,耶路撒冷王国的首都。在阿卡城,十字军头领们作出重大的军事或外交决定。比如十三世纪中期蒙古军队从东方前来,基督徒们把他们视作潜在的盟友,但也同埃及马穆鲁克保持着警惕的中立。在1260年,阿卡男爵允许马穆鲁克军队不受阻碍地通过他们的领土,让马穆鲁克军队在加利利的艾因札鲁特战役中赢得了对抗蒙古人的决定性的胜利。

然而大多数的时候,拉丁王国们和马穆鲁克的关系不像这么诚恳。随着埃及库特布沙希王朝在1250年的崛起,一个拥有足以对抗十字军骑士的重装骑兵的,比起阿尤布王朝更加危险的强大可怕的敌人出现了,剩余的十字军领地的毁灭更近了一步。库特布沙希王朝是更加怀有敌意的。在艾因扎鲁特战役之后,1261年开始,在苏丹拜巴尔的带领下马穆鲁克军队开始攻击十字军占领地。在接下来的几年里,拉丁人丢掉了加利利的所有领地。1268年,安条克被攻陷。

为了挽救这些失败,欧洲人组织了一些小型的十字军远征。例如1270年法王路易九世对突尼斯的失败的远征和1271-1272年来自英格兰的爱德华王子领导的第九次十字军东征。这些远征都没有对被围困的拉丁国家们给予有效的帮助。军队的规模太小,持续的时间太短,十字军参与者们的动机如此之多以至于不能获得任何一致的成果。

教皇格里高利十世英勇地工作,企图激励起对另一次伟大的十字军的普遍热情。但他徒劳无功。教皇的失败被多方面的归罪于教皇的助手们的懒惰,欧洲贵族的恶劣和牧师们的贪污腐败。尽管这些中的每个因素都在某种程度上可以被归罪,一个更根本的原因可能是十字军自身的堕落。教皇格里高利十世的前任给予十字军招募军队来对抗教皇的欧洲敌人们的特权,这个行为已经把十字军名声败坏。

无论如何,尽管教皇做了最大的努力,没有任何重大的十字军要到来。与此同时,对东方拉丁国家们的攻击在继续,到1276年,内外的情况都已如此危险,以至于耶路撒冷王亨利二世从整个巴勒斯坦撤退,以着手防御他的住处塞浦路斯岛。拉丁王国的绝望困境恶化了。1278年,拉塔基亚陷落。1289年的黎波里陷落。

马穆鲁克在苏丹Al-Ashraf Khalil的带领下。Al-Ashraf Khalil是Qalawun的儿子,Qalawun已经开始准备围攻,但于1290年11月去世。

防御努力:

以成立法兰克—蒙古联盟为目的,欧洲人和蒙古人进行了数十年的交流,但并没产生显著地成果。而企图从意大利征集一只新的军队这个方案,几乎给了埃及人一个最终进攻的借口。

穆斯林进攻阿卡:

随着的黎波里的陷落,塞浦路斯国王亨利派遣了修士监察长 Jean de Grailly前往欧洲,去警告欧洲的君主们中东的危险形势。Jean会见了教皇尼古拉斯四世。教皇也很焦急,并写信给欧洲的统治者们,告诉他们该为了圣地做些什么。但大多数的君主们都已全神贯注于为西西里问题而组建十字军。

一个阿拉伯人声称,阿卡城的一个年轻富有的小姐与一个穆斯林男人的风流韵事被她的丈夫发现了,她的丈夫纠集了所有的朋友从多利买出发,准备把他的妻子和情夫残杀以献祭给他受到伤害的荣誉。一些穆斯林被吸引到现场,但基督徒的数量更多,争吵变得更加狂暴和普遍,结果每个穆斯林都被残杀。---The History of the Crusades, Vol. 3, p.73,
Michaud and Robson.

基督徒们害怕这件事会给苏丹重启战争的借口,他们请求教皇发出更多的求援。救援据说是匆忙发动的来自威尼斯的25艘战舰,载有1600名战士。其他的来源声称救援有20艘战舰携带着从托斯卡纳和伦巴第来的农民和市民,由Nicholas Tiepolo领导,他是共和国总督的儿子。Jean de Grailly 和 Roux of Sully与他一同归来。随后,来自阿拉贡国王詹姆斯二世的五艘战舰也加入了队伍,国王希望能帮上忙,尽管他和教皇,威尼斯有冲突。这些从意大利来的援军纪律糟糕并且没有定期的工资。于是他们诉诸于不分对象地掠夺阿卡城周围的穆斯林和基督徒。据Runciman记载,他们在1290年8月杀害了一些阿卡城周围的穆斯林商人。无论如何,如果苏丹Qalawun需要一个借口来开战的话,他现在有了一个。Qalawun要求得到杀害凶手以得到公正。 Guillaume de Beaujeu提出了从监狱移交基督徒犯人给苏丹的意见。但最后阿卡城议会决定拒绝移交任何人给苏丹。并且相反,他们声称被杀死的穆斯林死于他自己的过错。

尽管1289年已签订了十年的停战协议。但Qalawun认为协议随着谋杀失效。到十月份,Walawun命令总动员。尽管苏丹在十一月死去,他被他的儿子Khalil接替了,Khalil将带领军队进攻阿卡城。

未完待续

楼主| 发表于 2013-8-17 21:10:09 | 显示全部楼层
shang PP
http://www.environmentalgraffiti.com/featured/siege-of-acre/20739

Environmental Graffiti's Bennett Blumenberg recounts the siege of Acre in 1291, through the eyes of a common footsoldier
Photo: Hospitaler Master, Mathieu de Clermont defends the walls / D.Papety c.1840Painting - PHGCOM / Wikimedia
PRELUDE –
“The air stinks! Smells like dead rats and rotten mutton. Piss everywhere, and the kids drink this foul, putrid water that runs down the alleys. At least it's not too hot, winter and all... Hold onto your purse, thieves here will cut the hide to your belt before you can blink. Fight 'em? You better be real good with a knife. Whores we have, the most exotic in the East as you would expect. Talk to me later about that, anything you desire is here... for a price... Spices, gold, the rarest of gems and rugs; play it safe and you'll go home to become a rich man. Yeah, one more thing. When you see a Knight, step aside, don't say a word, even kindly, and don't stare. They're all trained killing machines, I don't care what anyone says otherwise. They're nice fellows usually, but catch one drunk or angry and you'll go home in pieces. This advice is for all three Orders. The Templars are forever a mystery, and probably the smartest. The Germans are unbearably fierce and the Hospitallers always have incredible food and never tire. Take their meat, say 'thanks' and then get away quickly.”
Photo: Crusader States map in 1135Digital map - MapMaster / Wikipedia
Photo: Acre – aerial photoPhoto - Zaraza Friedman / NAVIS II
“Welcome to Acre, a cursed city this winter of 1291 waiting for the savage Mamluks to take it down. Me? I don't hate the Muselman. All's fair in love and war, and God is God wherever you find him. Hell, some believe He is a She! Don't misunderstand, our Christian knights are incredible fighters, but we don't have enough of them. And there's no open field for the Templar Charge. Where the hell is the Pope or the Kings of Europe when we need 'em? We've heard rumors for years about an alliance with the Horde. Can you imagine that! Franks and Mongols fighting side by side! The last I heard, the Pope demanded the Mongols convert and the Khan demanded the Pope and the Kings of Europe submit to him. Hell will freeze over before any of that happens. They say King Henry on Cyprus will send some fighters, but where are they?   Well… here we are; step inside, watch your step, it's time to get slam, deep drunk... If you sense death around the corner, well that's Acre, the city where dreams go to die. Remember, you're in the Kingdom of Jerusalem... what's left of it..."
Photo: Acre - Franciscan Church / old cityPhoto - Priyank Thatte
“OK, so you want to talk about the Crusades. Better refill that mug, we could be here all night. The problem now is that no one cares. The Pope still talks about liberating Palestine and Jerusalem from the Muselman, but show me the money and the will power. Yeah, a handful of exceptions. King Louis IX of France will always be in our hearts. He did what he said he would do, spent decades on crusade and trying to forge an alliance with the Mongols, but all to no avail and then he died so far from home in Tunis. Now, no one knows which way to look. The Mongols are still here after decades of war in the Near East. No longer considered invincible thanks to Egypt, but they are everywhere, there are so many of them. I can't imagine a crusader army dominating a battlefield against such numbers, particularly with our knights weighed down by heavy armor. We've learned that the Mamluks of Egypt are near invincible; they are No.1, not the Mongols. The Sultan wiped the field with Mongol corpses at Ain Jalut in 1260.”
Photo: Ascelin of Cremone delivers letter from Pope Innocent IV to Mongol General Baiju, 1245Photo - PHGCOM / Wikipedia
Photo: Egyptian Mamluks defeat Mongol Christian allies Armenians / Battle of Mari, 1266 / 15th century manuscriptPhoto - [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileisasterOfMari1266.JPG]PHGCOM / Wikipedia[/url]
“Why should the Mongols want us as allies? Long ago, Antioch signed on with the Horde, and Armenia and Cilicia have been fighting with them for decades. But now, I bet the prize would be the Orders. The Templar Charge is still in a class by its own: give 'em a level field and nothing can beat it. In 1260, we let the Egyptian Mamluks through Acre territory to fight the Mongols at Ain Jalut. That is the closest we Franks ever came to an alliance with the Muslim world. Now? It ain't gonna happen, no way! Each side trades arrogance and poor Acre is squeezed in the middle... Hey, sweetheart, where are the refills? Mugs are now empty on this table..."
SIEGE -
Photo: Mamluk Heavy Cavalry / Battle Ain Jalut, 1260 / 16th century Gothic styleEngraving - forum.kafegaul
Photo: Muslim hinged, counterweight, catapult in action during siege of city / 13th centuryManuscript painting - PHGCOM / Wikipedia
“Wake up, damn it get your eyes open! They're here!! Khalil and his Mamluks are pounding on the door; how the hell can you sleep with that noise? Yeah, the booming thuds are rocks and boulders; I can't count the number of siege engines pounding the walls. Hell, I think I smell gunpowder! This is what we get when the 'good citizens of Acre' – idiots all! – destroyed this city with the War of Saint Sabas, then reject a brilliant piece of diplomacy worked with the Sultan by William Bajeux, the good Master of the Knights Templar. Why the hell can't we turn over the bastard Genoese to Kahlil? They've been attacking and robbing everyone, not just Muslims. Well, all of this is past and now Acre will be punished for all the past sins of Jerusalem: stupidity, greed and believing the Muselman is lower than us, that his God must be no good because Allah isn't our God. The fucking world has gone insane! OK, yes, good King Henry did get the walls and towers repaired. Now look again... damn it keep your head down... How long do you think this crumbling city can last against that?"
Photo: Street fighting during siege of Acre / cgi conceptScreen shot - Assassin’s Creed (Xbox 360)
“Stay close to the walls you idiot! Walk down the alleys and the siege engine stones will knock your head off, or you'll slip in the blood and break your neck! I don't know how much more of this we can stand, but we'll never surrender so long as the Knights are still fighting. If only the Templars and Knights Hospitaller had magic to multiply themselves as needed. But the Knights are not gods, and we know that their night attacks failed badly, horses getting caught up in Muslim tent ropes. How long can they go on before they collapse from exhaustion? How long can any of us stand this? The towers are weak and crumbling; thank God the wells are deep and food still comes in by sea. Alley after alley is running with blood, and now some are escaping by sea while they can. I heard that the Master of those German knights ran some time ago, and King Henry is about to get out of this hell for his kingdom on Cyprus... Do you know your ear is bleeding? Come on... let's deal with that... we'll be face to face with Muselman real soon..."
Photo: Fighting on the rooftops during siege of Acre / cgi conceptScreen shot - Assassin’s Creed (Xbox 360)
Photo: Spanish-Crusader / Cross - St. James of Compostela / Galicia - Order of Santiago Photo - Galician Flag
“Master, Master where are you going, come back! Look at that!  Sir William Bajeaux has walked away from the walls!! Come on, let's get him back. Maybe he was hit in the head and doesn't know what he is doing! Look, he turned around and... what is he saying? "Seigneurs, Je ne plus, car je suy mort - vees le coup."  ...That he is Dead! I don't understand... My God, he is dead, look at the blood all over his chest; how can he keep walking? Let's go, he fell face down and isn't moving... Easy Sir, don't move now, the boys are here and we'll get you back into Acre then find a doctor. The Muselman has honored you, they've stopped firing at us, so we can get you back to the city safely. You'll be all right now, just don't talk, keep your strength... Where the hell are those clean rags? I can't stop the bleeding!! Shut up! The last thing the Master needs to hear is that Clermont of the Hospital is dead. We're going to be face to face, sword to sword, in the alleys before very long. This is the end of Acre and the death of the Kingdom of Jerusalem.”
Photo: Fighting in the tunnels during siege of Acre / cgi conceptScreen shot - Digital Journal
“Forty-three days of Hell! Can you believe we are still alive! Come on, let's get to that boat and on to Cyprus. Our magnificent Templars have barricaded themselves in their quarter, in the tunnels. If a miracle is possible, they are it!...  There is already talk of coming back, maybe to Ruad. Gotta try, we can't let Christ down; remember that is what this was all about when the crusades began. Then again, maybe Palestine does belong to the Muselman after all and he is only taking back what rightfully belongs to Allah? It looks like God punished us; maybe we deserved it. I can't sleep anymore, I can't get the picture out of my head: how the Master walked away from the walls and died. Then the terrible silence hit all of us, as if the universe could not believe what it saw. Muselman and Christian just stopped without a word being said. Barely breathing, we watched Death take a great knight. Maybe that is why we lost, why Acre fell, why the alleys are stained brown-red. We couldn't listen to the best among us, so the worst took us down... No, you go find a whore by yourself, I need to be alone now... I can't stand what's in my head. Time to get drunk again... That helps for a short while..."
Photo: Twilight descends upon the Knights HospitallerArtist - Marc Carrie (c) 2007
RELEVANT FACTOIDS -
1. The Kingdom of Jerusalem did not encompass all Crusader states in the Near East. The Principality of Armenian Cilicia, Principality of Antioch, County of Edessa and County of Tripoli had equal status and recognition. When two of these states – Antioch and Cilicia – choose to formally ally with the Mongols, the implications were very important even as the Assembly of Acre initially chose to dismiss such developments as trivial.
Photo: Port of Acre / 15th - 16th centuriesEngraved Map - Zaraza Friendman / NAVIS 2
2. In April 1291, Acre had a population of ~40,000 with 12,000 soldiers and knights. With its back to the Sea, Acre was able to receive food and small numbers of soldiers throughout the siege. King Henry II of Cyprus arrived with 2,000 additional soldiers on May 6. The size of the Mamluk Sultan's forces are not well known but likely were between 20,000 and 30,000 with the majority being volunteer siege workers. Massive walls and towers confronted Khalil's army as the siege began. The Egyptian Mamluk Sultan was fully aware of Acre's state of disrepair. Continual bombardment from large and small siege engines, in conjunction with sappers placing bombs under the walls and towers, was the preferred strategy and it worked. Forty catapults included an unknown number of hinged, counterweight trebuchets which needed only a small crew and set new records for distance and weight of thrown stones.
Photo: Mongol Siege Engines in actionHistoric Print - sosyaldersleri
3. Ascelin of Cremone delivered a diplomatic letter from Pope Innocent IV to the Mongol General Baiju in March 1245 shortly before the Council of Lyon. Ascelin refused to give the Mongol General the minimal courtesy expected unless Baiju agreed to baptism. Baiju replied by calling the Pope and Christians 'dogs'. Escaping death because he was a high ranking diplomatic envoy, Ascelin later met several Mongol princes who invited him to travel with them to Karakorum and meet the Great Khan. Ascelin refused and returned to the Pope with two Muslim envoys - Aïbeg and Serkis - sent by Baiju. They met with Pope Innocent IV in 1248 and delivered Baiju's demand for submission to the Khan. The Pope replied with a Papal Bull asking that Mongols should stop killing Christians, and this failed attempt at laying the groundwork for an alliance came to an end in November, 1248.
Photo: Letter from Khan Guyug to Pope Innocent IV in 1246Historic document - [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FileetterGuyugToInnocence.jpg]Latebird / Wikipedia[/url].
4. Mortally wounded, Mathieu de Clermont, the Hospitaller Master, was carried to his galley while shouting at his men to put him down and insisting he could still fight. King Hugh and his brother fled with their garrison, and so did Otho de Grandison (Savoyard), close friend of King Edward I of England and Master of the English knights in Palestine, with the remnant of his contingent. The Venetians and the Genoese fled after they stole everything in sight that was not tied down. On the last day of the siege, the only active crusader fighting force was the Templars who had barricaded themselves in their tower by the sea.
Photo: Acre – Tunnels in Templar FortressPhoto - Priyank Thatte
5. The Templars that held out in the quarter and tunnels of Acre are believed to have been killed to the last man when a tower collapsed on them and some Mamluk soldiers during a failed attempt to negotiate their safe passage. The Mamluk Sultan and William de Beaujeux were old friends, but had been forced to be enemies during the siege. Acre fell and was reduced to rubble by the Mamluk victors, only rebuilt centuries later by the Ottoman Turks. The Kingdom of Jerusalem reorganized on the island of Cyprus. During the next decade, several crusader attempts to return to Palestine failed. The power politics of the Near East had undergone a seismic shift with profound implications that remain with us in the 21st century.

发表于 2013-8-18 06:48:41 | 显示全部楼层
相当喜欢图文并茂的
 楼主| 发表于 2013-8-18 13:28:04 | 显示全部楼层
archers 发表于 2013-8-18 06:48
相当喜欢图文并茂的

去看英文铜版纸的历史书,全是图文并茂的
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册帐号

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|第二港湾

GMT-5, 2024-5-16 10:31 , Processed in 0.023228 second(s), 14 queries .