第二港湾, 华人休闲之家

找回密码
 注册帐号
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 493|回复: 0

Brandon Smith: A primer for American patriots and preppers facing an uncertai...

[复制链接]
发表于 2024-1-10 12:14:24 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
A primer for American patriots and preppers facing an uncertain future
The average patriot (or prepper) is usually a middle-class conservative or libertarian with a tendency towards independent thinking and some experience with economic struggle in the past. Most of us have made something of ourselves from very little, or, we had parents that made something of themselves from very little and we watched as children while they climbed their way up the ladder.
Our philosophy is based on experience and a willingness to look beyond the veil. Most of the Western public is bombarded with endless messaging about how stable, safe and "prosperous" our society is. We are also constantly slapped in the face with propaganda telling us that patriots are not only crazy but also dangerous. We have been told this for years, and all the while the system continues to degrade into chaos verging on a complete crash.
We are told a lot of things that aren't true, and this is the first thing that sets the preparedness culture apart from everyone else. A healthy sense of skepticism when it comes to establishment claims and mainstream assumptions. We will not be sitting idle listening to the band play while the Titanic sinks. We understand, however, that there's a considerable number of people out there that are content to do so...
There are numerous and unique motivations for people who delve into the patriot life, and I think there's a perception that it requires some kind of abnormal shift in routine or a complete upending of one's existence. It's a very simple addition to the daily grind, a hobby more than anything else. It's not like joining a monastery and taking a vow of vigilance; all we are doing is seeking self-sufficiency wherever possible and taking a second look at the claims made by people in power.
What's truly more bizarre? Being prepared and aware? Or being willfully ignorant and vulnerable?
It's also not about realism, not pessimism. It's not about living under a cloud of constant doom, only accepting that there are extreme problems in the world that may require extreme solutions. All I can say is, as I balance the good with the bad, I find that I still remain an optimist. I believe free people have a chance to turn the tide and dismantle the cabal of influence that has created the instabilities we now face.
But, to do this requires something beyond a vague understanding of freedom and a will to live. To change the path of our civilization requires a significant level of dedication to something greater. We need a personal foundation, a mantra, a philosophy that adds structure to our efforts. In other words, preparedness is not only about you. It is not the end game. Preparedness is just a means to an end, which is why patriotism is also essential. We prepare so that we can fight for a better future, a future we may not live to enjoy.

This Secret Wall Street Tax Perk Is a Game-Changer for Your Retirement

It moves your IRA or 401(k) out of Wall Street's and Big Bank's hands and unlocks even greater profit opportunities.

Learn More

To this point, I will list what I believe are the top most important ideals for the modern patriot/prepper. These are the rules that I plan to follow in the chaotic world going forward, and I think that if a majority of those dedicated to liberty do the same, we may just make it through the pyre with a modicum of humanity intact.
Rule 1: Prepare For Others, Not Just Yourself
Amid a crisis, there will come a time when you have to help other people. You may not like other people, you may not trust other people, you might feel better crawling into a bunker and never dealing with another living soul until the breakdown has run its course. It doesn't matter. If you have a conscience, then you will be faced with the reality of need... other people's needs.
Do they deserve what they get? Maybe some of them do, while others do not. Knowing which is which will be up to you. Having the means to aid the innocent is paramount. Trust me on this, you do not want to find yourself in a situation where good people need your help and you are incapable because you failed to plan ahead. You do not want that weighing on your spirit.
Rule 2: Survival Alone Is Not Victory
If you are alive but the rest of the world is enslaved, then you have ultimately lost. "Winning" is not possible until the root enemy is erased from existence. If the oligarchy that sabotages us can use a collapse to gain power while avoiding consequences, then they have prevailed and no matter how well you think you can hide eventually they will find and enslave you too.
Do not think for a second that your life is worth more than the freedom and truth of humanity as a whole. It's not.
Rule 3: Fear Is Transitory, Regret Is Forever
Many people's lives are ruled by fear. They are incessantly worried about what they could lose if they take action, if they deviate from the norm, if they upset the wrong people or rock the wrong boat. Human beings naturally seek acceptance and validation from their peers and society. We want to belong to a tribe. We also want to remain comfortable and secure, avoiding struggle and conflict at all costs.
But there are worse things than struggle and pain and disapproval, such as regret. Knowing that we could have done something profound, yet we chose instead to sit on our asses and do nothing because standing up is scary. That kind of regret is a poison that eats most people alive, especially in old age when we are less physically able to intervene in the course of history.
Personally, I don't really understand people's fear of death, or the fear of confrontation or conflict, or the fear of facing adversity. I don't get it. None of us is going to live forever, so we do what we can to make this life count. What I do fear, perhaps more than anything, is being useless when I'm called to make a difference. Do not let fear hold you back from what you know is right.
Rule 4: You Do Not Need To Become The Monster To Defeat The Monster
War is hell, that's not in question. And make no mistake, we are in the middle of a war right now. But ask yourself what you are fighting for in the first place. Is it a set of principles and beliefs, or is it simply to win no matter the cost?
On the other hand, there are also people with a tendency to use the "turn the other cheek" mantra to argue against taking any action in self-defense. Sometimes they are afraid, sometimes they truly believe that principles must be held to the letter, even to the detriment of everything else.
It's a razor-thin line to walk between righteous apathy and monstrous indifference. My position? When someone declares war on you, you fight back and put them down flat. Just make sure you don't lose your soul in the process.
Rule 5: Be Invisible When You Must, Be Visible When You Must
Many preppers and patriots are obsessed with the concept of invisibility; the concept of the "Gray Man" and the tactic of blending in and going unnoticed. While this serves a purpose in some situations there are also advantages to being seen, to being visible.
There is an old story of a Roman General talking to a Roman Senator as they walked around the markets of the capitol. The Senator takes note that many of the slaves within Rome looked like regular citizens and lamented the fact that he could not tell them apart from everyone else. He suggested to the General that they force the slaves to wear armbands as identification.
The General spoke up, saying that the idea was a foolish one.
The Senator was shocked by the General's opposition and asked why. The General explained, "The slave population is vast, but the slaves have no idea. As you say, they blend in with the citizens and the leadership. If we give them all armbands they will see how many of them there are. They will realize they greatly outnumber us and will be tempted to revolt. Better that they not know."
There are times when visibility is more important than invisibility. There are times when invisibility is the path to defeat.
Rule 6: In Every Moment Of Chaos There Is A Moment Of Peace
Chaos is mostly a product of a mental reaction, a subconscious decision to panic instead of remaining calm and lucid. Chaos is created by people more than events; it's how we process those events that make them a disaster or a moment of triumph. That is to say, in every moment of chaos, there is a moment of peace. The question is, can you restrain your impulse to panic and instead act with conscious and deliberate calm?
To be sure, preparedness has a lot to do with this. There is a common misconception about preppers that we are "always afraid and paranoid." The reality is the opposite. We are rarely afraid or paranoid because we have trained ourselves to be ready for most dangers. The people that are afraid, the people who usually panic, are those that are unprepared.
Beyond this, though, is a deeper mindset that has embraced the inevitability of chaos. We know that the world is built upon a precarious house of cards and history shows us that this house of cards will inevitably fall. To assume otherwise is naive or insane.
Rule 7: What We Do Now Echos In Eternity
I can't help but quote this piece of wisdom from Marcus Aurelius, I don't think I could say it any better. Understand that the future is a summation of the actions we take today. Whether we are personally remembered or not is irrelevant; tomorrow is decided by what we do or don't do. There is nothing that can stop this. We are the decision-makers. Not the globalists, not governments, we are the people who decide what the next era will look like.
There are moments in history, rare moments when the confluence of events and crises rests at the point of a fulcrum. It is a nexus, a crossroads that will determine the course of civilization for centuries to come. Some people will encounter this storm and do nothing more than sit back and drift along with the tides of fate. Others are battling for the chance to control the rudder of the ship, aiming humanity to either free shores or the depths of the abyss.
When all our lives are tallied in the great beyond we each may be faced with the terrible question: "What did you contribute?" As patriots and freedom fighters, I hope when that moment comes we will be able to say that we left nothing undone. That we conducted ourselves with honor. That we set the world right again.

To truth and knowledge,

Brandon Smith

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册帐号

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|第二港湾

GMT-5, 2024-4-27 23:52 , Processed in 0.020952 second(s), 14 queries .