找回密码
 注册帐号
搜索
热搜: 活动 交友
查看: 272|回复: 1

Trump Americans (zt)

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-9-30 11:59:43 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
We look back on the 1980 elections and credit the landslide victory of Ronald Reagan to voters whom we call Reagan Democrats. Future students of political history will look back on the 2016 elections and credit the rise of The Donald to “Trump Americans”. If you listen to Hillary and most of the American media, they are a basket case of deplorable individuals deserving of every derogatory name you can think of. But what do they think of themselves as? I am a “Trump American” and maybe I can tell you…
Before we begin, let me tell you about myself. My name is Dwight Looi. I am a 43 year old 1st generation American of Chinese ancestry. I left island nation of Singapore for the USA in 1994 to attend Santa Clara University from which I earned my degree in Computer Engineering. I became a US Citizen thirteen years later in 2007. I am employed as the Director of Product Development for a tech company in Silicon Valley. I am fully bilingual, I am not religious, I am married to a CPA who graduated from UC Berkeley and we have a 5 year old daughter.
“Trump Americans” come from every race, religion and walk of life; they are not as homogeneous a group as the seriously disconnected media thinks. However, having interacted with hundreds them over the past year or so, I can name 20 things they tend to agree with. Generally speaking Trump Americans will strongly belief in at least half of the 20 listed positions and object to no more than one or two.
20 THINGS TRUMP AMERICANS TEND TO AGREE WITH
(1) There is no significant institutional racism in the USA.
(2) The mainstream US media is not trustworthy, not impartial and not truthful.
(3) Traditional American values are superior to the liberal-progressive mindset.
(4) Our lives will be better if government collect fewer taxes and play a smaller role.
(5) Businesses or rich people are generally not repressive and should not be deemed as the enemy.
(6) Political Correctness and Ultra Sensitivity toward minorities are harmful and not beneficial.
(7) Global Warming is not beyond doubt, and we should not adopt expensive alternative energy or curb CO2.
(8) Regime change, foreign nation building and taking in potentially dangerous refugees are bad ideas.
(9) Politicians in Washington D.C. from either party do not represent us or act in our best interest.
(10) Healthcare should be a competitive industry not an entitlement; Obamacare made it worse
(11) We are Americans, not citizens of the world. US law and policy should put America first.
(12) Countries have borders, immigration laws are necessary and illegal immigration must be ended.
(13) A reduction in government regulations is beneficial to personal freedom and economic prosperity.
(14) Gun ownership is good, constitutionally guaranteed and a safe guard against tyrannical government.
(15) Supreme Court justices must be Originalists who interpret the constitution as its authors intended.
(16) Trade Deficits are outflows of wealth which make other countries rich and the USA broke.
(17) Unbridled Free Trade destroys US manufacturing and importing everything is unsustainable.
(18) One’s success or failure is mostly due to choices and ability not societal constraints or unfairness.
(19) The overwhelming majority of Police do a good job and they deserve our support not scorn.
(20) The US Government and her politicians are totally corrupt and a house cleaning is long overdue.
I am pretty sure I missed a few things here and there, but picture a person who agrees with half or more of the above, while objecting to no more than one or two, and you should have a pretty good idea of who “Trump Americans” are and how they see things. Maybe you have just discovered that you are actually a “Trump American”. If you are a liberal or progressive, chances you may still find one or two things you agree with, but definitely more than half. Regardless of where you personally stand, it should be plenty clear that their values and world view are almost diametrically the opposite to those of Obama. And, really, it has nothing to do with race, hate, gays or any kind of phobia
Until the advent of Donald Trump, these Americans never really had a candidate they can truly rally behind. And, more importantly, they don’t believe that any other Republican which the lobbyist friendly GOP may put up in the future will ever satisfactorily represent them. Now that you know who these people are, and how they think, perhaps you can understand why 30,000 of them eagerly fill arenas or take time off work off to stand under the 100 degree summer sun at Trump rallies in every state and in every city with barely a day or two’s notice. Now you should understand why they chant “USA” and why Hillary outspending Trump 10:1 does not seem to move the needle in her favor.
Do not underestimate TRUMP AMERICANS – their energy and enthusiasm exceeds that which Obama enjoyed in 2008. Like them or hate them, understand that they are not fighting for one issue, one man or one ethnicity. They are resolutely convinced that they are fighting for their country with their backs to the sea. And, most importantly, they believe not only that they can win, but they must win.
Dwight Looi
http://www.yomyomf.com/trump-americans/
 楼主| 发表于 2016-9-30 20:53:56 | 显示全部楼层
dsb 发表于 2016-9-30 13:47
老万你现在支持川普很猛啊, 以前好像不是这样猛的支持川普啊

NeverHillary!
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册帐号

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|小黑屋|第二港湾

GMT-5, 2024-5-29 22:15 , Processed in 0.015605 second(s), 14 queries .